Tea Party Primer Strategy
Reference Resource site: Tea Party Elections[Dave]This is an extensive database and cross resource site for key strategic races in the primaries across the country and those in other parts of the country are proving how they vote affects us all. Helping in key races in this election is more important than ever.
Local conservative candidates should keep their information that becomes out of date updated by contacting the website administrator.
The American people have had enough. Betrayed by phony conservatives in the Republican Party and radicals in the Democrat Party, the time is now to repeal or shred every bit of un-American legislation passed by the “progressives” in both parties over the last eighty, if not one hundred years.
The time for sitting on the sidelines and waiting for our fellow Americans to pick up the mantle of freedom has run out, as most of us realize. We must organize, act boldly, confront, and dethrone the usurpers who would have us live out their fantasy of servitude to them and their obsolete causes.
Richard Viguerie of American Thinker sums up the basic strategy in his Tea Partiers and The New Party Leaders well:
Here are my five recommendations to Tea Partiers as to how to change both major political parties:
1. To paraphrase Bill Clinton advisor James Carville, “It’s the primaries, Stupid.” Tea Partiers should focus only on primaries now, and not focus on the upcoming November elections just yet. In the primaries, challenge every establishment, big-government incumbent. Conservatives winning in primaries will make the November elections a more significant chance for meaningful, long-term change. Over half of the filing deadlines have not yet passed.
2. Support candidates who will vote to fire their party leaders.
3. Withhold support from all Republican or Democratic national committees, and give your donations directly to principled conservative candidates.
4. In addition to running and supporting candidates for public office, run for every possible party office. The best way to get a political party to change is to take it over.
5. Rove said that Tea Partiers need to study key issues. Quite frankly, Tea Partiers already know the issues. Despite the fact that many are new to organized politics, they are savvy and wise about the direction the country needs to take. They do, however, need to read and study more than the Constitution, the Federalist Papers, and other writings of the Founders, although those are, of course, the essential foundations. They should read and study the writings of great but more recent conservative thinker-activists such as Mark Levin, Bill Buckley, Russell Kirk, Barry Goldwater (The Conscience of a Conservative), and others. Tea Partiers will then better know who they are politically, will better understand what they believe, and will possess even better clarity about why they believe it. By reading conservative thinker-activist writings from the past half-century, Tea Partiers will be better able to educate, enlist, convert, and successfully debate others.
As a postscript to these five recommendations, I would add that Tea Parties should support only candidates who will pledge to repeal many of the laws, regulations, programs, and policies of recent big-government politicians — and by that I mean both Republicans and Democrats. Also, any candidate who does not identify upholding the Constitution as one of his or her top five priorities should be suspect.
As a multi-decade veteran of the conservative movement, I can say that two of its biggest mistakes have been to become too attached to big-government Republican Party leaders and to fail to make inroads into the Democratic Party. The Tea Party can change that.
Tea Partiers need to remember that you are the leaders you’ve been waiting for. We all need to get out of our comfort zones and provide leadership to take back America — and that starts with changing the Republican and Democratic Party leaders.
In addition to these I am advocating a GRAND STRATEGY OF STRATEGICAL ELIMINATION of the MOST VULNERABLE DEMOCRATS and the MOST STATIST REPUBLICANS.
Many of us are in hyper-partisan districts with no chance of removing an entrenched progressive from power. Like a tic that has embedded its teeth into the electorate, attempting to pull the body out will only leave the head in place. PUT YOUR TIME AND MONEY WHERE YOU WILL MAKE THE MOST IMPACT.
In addition to organizing family and friends to vote for the best available candidate, volunteer your time and funding to the most trustworthy candidates with the best chance to succeed. Who is trustworthy? Those with consistent conservatism scores, both recent and lifetime, and those who are receiving most of their money from individuals and not corporations.
We must act, but we must not act blindly. And that is why, with the help of many of the members here, I compiled a database that can be put to use to isolate, personalize, and polarize the seemingly innumerable statists who seek a return to their seats of power in November. Are we going to allow that to happen? Hell no!
Filed under: Elections, Fight against socialism, Hot issues, Patriot coalitions, Politics | Tagged: candidates tea party elections, Conservatives, primaries, resources, strategy, targeted races | Comments Off on Primary resource- Tea Party Elections