Rob McKenna’s website now has a special signup page for email updates on the important issues of reducing the size of government and respecting the Constitution. Washington State patriots please consider publicizing this on your blog, Facebook, Twitter, etc. The link is http://bit.ly/g67jlT
June 21, 2009
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Ken Morse, Olympia Tea Party Organizer
Keli Carender, Seattle Sons & Daughters of Liberty
“THOMAS PAINE” THE CENTERPIECE OF JUNE 27TH STATEWIDE CAPITOL “TEA PARTY” PICNIC
These are just a few of the things said about this provocative personality:
“This guy ought to run for President!”
“Just another old motherf***er white racist who doesn’t understand we’re all global now, man”
“I don’t agree with everything he says, but at least he has the guts to say what the majority of Americans are afraid to say in public.”
OLYMPIA, WA – YouTube sensation, actor, author, and historian Bob Basso will perform as the legendary colonial patriot, Thomas Paine, author of the 1776 pamphlet Common Sense, at the State Capitol Tea Party Picnic on June 27 at Heritage Park in Olympia. Basso’s reprise of an award-winning performance has been seen more than a Eight-Million + YouTube hits in the riveting video series “Thomas Paine and the Second American Revolution.”
More than 6,000 people are expected to bring picnics, flags, costumes, and signs of all kinds to Heritage Park at Capitol Lake for an exciting afternoon of inspirational speakers, singers and the opportunity to meet other Washington citizens dedicated to restoring our nation’s founding principles of limited government, fiscal responsibility, and free markets. Prizes will be awarded for the best costumes and participants will have the opportunity to “re-sign” the US Constitution.
Basso believes, as did his historical alter ego, that an aroused citizenry rising above politics and demanding a restoration of common sense can’t be stopped. He pounds that theme home relentlessly. “Pressure, pressure, pressure your non-representing representatives to obey the will of the majority or be thrown out on their hind quarters,” he says.
The Olympia Tea Party Picnic is being held in conjunction with other Tea Parties scheduled across the country the week of June 28 – July 4. Tea Parties are sponsored by the Tea Party Patriots, the grassroots organization formed after the first Tea Parties were held in 27 cities across the nation on February 27, 2009 in protest of the sub-prime mortgage disaster, the TARP bank fiasco as well as financial and insurance industry bailouts and the highly controversial $786 billion “stimulus” package.
“Declaring Our Health Care Independence” is the theme of Fourth of July celebrations across the country. “Keeping our right to make our health care decisions without government interference and fighting the imposition of a government-mandated, -run, and -administered health care system is our immediate goal,” says Olympia organizer Ken Morse. “We’re also fighting the passage of the massive “Cap-n-Trade” bill driven by the unproven and controversial global warming theory. If passed, this legislation will impose an energy tax on every aspect American life and endanger any potential financial recovery.”
Other speakers begin at 11:00 AM and include:
- Floyd G. Brown, an American author, speaker and media commentator. He is president of Excellentia Inc, a consulting company specializing in non-profit organizational strategy, development and marketing. Brown has also worked as a political consultant and conducted opposition research for political campaigns. Brown says “I have a sense of what connects with people like me. We’re not culturally Republicans. We’re not libertarians. We’re not neo-conservatives or former liberals. These are people who couldn’t care less about politics, want to be left alone by government, but if their country calls for them to fight abroad, will. You win elections by cultivating people like me.”
- Tim Eyman, sponsor of Initiative 1033, a bill to reduce property taxes by limiting the growth of certain state, county and city revenue to annual inflation and population growth (not including voter-approved revenue increases). Revenue collected above the limit would reduce property tax levies. Mr. Eyman is well-known throughout Washington for his fight to lower state taxes and fees on Washington citizens.
- Alex Glasenapp, Citizens for HJM 4009, a group of citizens taking action with a mission to promote public support and awareness of House Joint Memorial 4009, a bill acknowledging and endorsing the 10th amendment rights of the United States Constitution for the citizens of the great State of Washington. Allen resides in Monroe and is an associate broker in real estate and also co-owner/agent of a family owned and operated independent insurance agency.
- Sharon Hanek, “Making Your Tea Party Voice Stronger!” Sharon Hanek is a business owner, wife, and mother involved in politics as a private citizen. Over the past six years she has spent many hours in Olympia during legislative session testifying on bills and discussing issues with legislators from both sides of the aisle. She also travels around the state working with grassroots activists to become more effective in getting their voices heard.
- Carl Pike on hosting a Tea Party Barbeque; Alex Rion on auditing the Federal Reserve; and activists Ken Morse, Jane Milhans, Keli Carender, & Dan Rehling on networking and moving forward with other Tea Party issues.
The public is welcome to attend this free event at Heritage Park, which is located at 330 Fifth Ave SW in Olympia. Festivities are set to begin at 10:00 am, with live entertainment at approximately 10:30 am. “Thomas Paine” is scheduled to perform at approximately 1 pm. The Tea Party will conclude at 4 pm.
For more information visit www.olympiateaparty.com.
Filed under: Patriot coalitions, Tea Party Protest, Teaparty actions, teaparty functions | Tagged: Liberty Belle, tea party movement, Washington Tea Party Events | Comments Off on OLYMPIA TEA PARTY ! Bob Basso will perform!